Chapter 2: Education
Section 7: Transition Services
Dale Rogers Training Center
2501 N. Utah
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
School-to-Work Transition program for high school juniors and seniors.
Lighthouse Transitional Center, Inc.
9832 N.E. 23rd St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73141
Transitional services for young adults with autism and other developmental disabilities. Emphasis on development of skills in adaptive behavior, independent living, social-emotional behavior and verbal and non-verbal communication. Provides training and practice for participation in the community and achieving each individual's potential for self-sufficiency. Individual assessments are provided and transition plans developed. Day and after school programs available.
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) - Transition School-to-Work Program
2401 N.W. 23rd St., Ste. 59
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
580-436-2430 Visual Services Statewide
405-522-6525 Vocational Rehab OKC Area
The Transition School-to-Work Program helps students with disabilities who are eligible for vocational rehabilitation services to prepare for employment and life after high school. Services available through Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and Division of Visual Services counselors assigned to each high school include:
- Vocational counseling and guidance assists teachers, parents and students in developing appropriate career goals.
- Vocational assessment and evaluation helps determine students' employment-related strengths.
- Work study provides job readiness skills, work experience and high school credits.
- Work site learning, arranged through "cooperative agreements" with schools, provides minimum-wage work in the community or at school, job readiness skills, work experience and high school credits.
- Work adjustment training is purchased from community-based facilities.
- On-the-job training is arranged in the community for students in the second semester of their senior year with permanent employment as a goal.
- Supported employment helps students in the second semester of their senior year transition into permanent employment.
- Job development and placement specialists help students make job searches more successful.
Vocational Rehabilitation Services in the Oklahoma City area email email@example.com, Tulsa area email firstname.lastname@example.org and other state offices email email@example.com. Visual Services statewide email firstname.lastname@example.org
To correct, update or add resource listings notify:
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
Public Information Office | Dana Tallon | Oklahoma Disability Resource Guide Editor